The best thing about salad is that there are so many toppings that you can choose from. Here is my favorite recipe with an approximation of calories.
- Fresh baby spinach
(15 calories for 2.5 cups)
- 1 tbs parmesan
- 1 or 2 tbs dried cranberries
(135 calories for 1/4 cup, so about 60)
- 3 oz pre-cooked chicken (pre-heated or cold)
- up to half of a small can of drained mandarin oranges or.
- any fruit, fresh or canned, or</li>
- 2 tbs Fat-free Light Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
(35 calories, 0 fat)
About 268 calories!
I”m not going to insult anyone”s intelligence by giving directions on how to make it from this point, but I think this salad has a nice balance of the 4 food groups, is low in calories (including weight-watcher points), and thanks to the meat and the cranberries, it”s filling too!