From a recent report on broadband in Minnesota, some interesting statistics have come out.
- 85% of Minnesotans have computers
- 72% of households have broadband service
- 91% of people use the internet somewhere outside of their home
- and 26% of people use the internet from their phone, laptop, etc.
- 4% of Minnesotans don”t have broadband where they live
This jumps to 6% in rural areas, with fewer rural residents requesting it (6 out of 10 say they don”t want or need it).
Obviously, rural areas are poorly served with broadband – and many other things too. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next 5 years in rural areas.
For more information and interesting statistics on broadband use, go to http://www.connectmn.org/_documents/MN_Res_FINAL_110410.pdf.